Look out for something altogether groovy over the weekend 21-23 April. Happy St George’s Day!
From Mods to mini-skirts, The Beatles to The Beach Boys, flower power to flares, Mini Coopers to mood rings, the 60s were a gas! So why not re-live some of that magic at Cromer’s 60s Festival on The Pier and Promenade on St George’s Day, April 23.
The festival will be officially opened by TV presenter Helen McDermott and showcase live music and dance, vintage vehicles, screenings of the 1966 World Cup, vintage clothes, Punch and Judy and great food. And in The Pier bar there will even be 1960s Happy Hours with beer at £1-a-pint!
The event will feature:
- Photographs, film footage and memorabilia
- Beatles exhibition
- Vintage mopeds, scooters and motorbikes
- Live music
- 1966 World Cup final screenings
- £1-a-pint Happy Hours
- Music and video tribute to the 1960s
- A display of Gerry Anderson memorabilia featuring Stingray, Thunderbirds, Supercar, Fireball XL 5, Captain Scarlet and more
- Vintage cars
- BBC Radio Norfolk’s Wally Webb complete with Lambretta and Parka coat
- Hog roast
- Punch and Judy
- Vintage clothing stalls
- RNLI Lifeboat exercise, and so much more!
(source North Norfolk District Council)